PlayerPla.Net was first created in 2018 by an aspiring video game creator. When the first video game release failed, the developer was offered an extremely unusual promotional opportunity to boost awareness ahead of the next game. That endeavor ultimately led to the programmer being pushed into an alternate reality in order to save his life. That changed him into Sonicus, and set him on the long and treacherous journey home. Today, Sonicus Maxmius honors his agreement to share his account, called the Omnicosmic Odyssey, through which he brings The Admonition...a confirmation of the existence of ultraterrestrial Stakeholders, and a great warning to your world ("Sol-Ter") regarding some of their intentions.
All of Sol-Ter is a stage, and its men and women are indeed the players. Keeping with that, the Omnicosmic Odyssey is delivered through Interactive Media Experiences, a variety of tangible formats designed to be as accessible as possible to anyone who dares to partake of them, including:
- Reading the story passively, as it is told in installments on PlayerPla.Net.
- Choosing the path of the story, revealing the story by trial and error to the readers as they attempt to steer it by making decisions which reflect what the individual reader believes likely happened next.
- Playing through the story, revealing the story by trial and error to the players as they roll dice against numbers provided, and select the next step based on the outcome.
- Video games, either as digital downloads or physical media such as disc or flash drive.
- Hexagist (H6) Entity Attribute System and the Gl4D8r Combat Simulation System.
- Board games.
- Tabletop roleplaying games and skirmish/war games.
- Alternate reality games.
- Crafts (including PlayerPlas).